Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day 2009


Because it's Veterans Day I wanted to post this picture of my brother Brad when he was in Iraq. He has been home for a few years now but the 18 months he was gone seemed like forever. I know it seemed even longer for Marni, Rylee, Skylar, and River. With the shootings at Fort Hood last week and all the soldiers who have died in Afganistan and Iraq. It has really made me think about the unselfish men and women who have been willing to lay down their lives for our freedoms. I know not a lot of people read my blog, but I just want to thank my brother for the sacrifice he made.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself!!! I would like to Thank Brad as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool picture! So glad he served and made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are blessed by the service of your brother and the many other veterans around us. I am going to do better to say thanks to them from now on and I'm glad he's home safe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm grateful for those willing to serve our country. Thanks for sharing that cool pic of your brother. Please tell him thank you for his sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete