Friday, October 1, 2010

Ellie's 9 and Jon is the BIG 40!!!

Since this year has been declared the "Year of the Cakes." Ellie got to choose what cake she wanted me to make for her birthday. She asked for a Peace cake, I was happy because I was pretty sure I could pull it off. She LOVED it! So it makes it worth it.
All Ellie wanted for her birthday was a pair of roller skates. Not the skates that look like shoes with wheels. She wanted the kind like I had when I was little. The kind with the white boots. I was actually excited because that is what I wanted her to have. Who knew that you can't go down to the nearest sporting good's store and buy a pair of boot roller skates. Anyway after a lot of searching on-line and waiting 5 to 7 business days. Ellie finally got the best birthday present ever. When you live on a hill it makes it a little hard for someone to learn to roller skate. So our neighbor up the street has a very flat basketball court in their back yard. They told Ellie she could use it when ever she wanted to. And I must say she is getting very good.

Like I said earlier this is the "Year of the Cakes". So for Ellie's friend birthday party. She wanted a "Cake Boss Party". So we made little cakes and the kid's got to decorate them any way they wanted. And this is how they all turned out. Personally I think they are great, they had so much fun. And surprisingly so did I.

So this is the year Jon turned the big 40. So we had all of the family over for a big party. And I surprised him with a Minnesota Twins baseball cake. (His Favorite baseball team.) He was a good sport to let me take a picture of him with the cake. Everyone else has a picture with their cake so I didn't want to leave him out.

3 comments:

  1. Laurie!!!! Seriously your cakes are darling!! I wish I lived down the street so you could teach me how. Your girls are getting so big and are they are beautiful. Tell Jon Happy Birthday and that he's lookin' pretty good too (for 40). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Angie - your cakes are incredible. Bag the idea of teaching me though...can I just hire you to do mine?? You really have an amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cakes! Now I have a challenge for you. I want to see a Thriller cake for Halloween. Put your love for MJ and mad cake skills together and you've got one awesome cake! I feel a party coming on. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete